SSR_WW_Madness
Racing Team

teams a€“ Villarreal, Viktoria Plzen, CSKA Moscow a

in Announcements / Ankündigungen Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:12 am
by hfy962464 • 129 Posts

While rehabbing a broken jaw in Philadelphia recently, Samuel Morin wasnt allowed to eat solid foods for a month. D.J. Moore Jersey . The 19-year-old defenceman drank a lot of smoothies and some less appetizing meals.Steak in a blender, chicken in a blender, everything in a blender, Morin said. It was disgusting. Awful.Morins diet is solidified again and so is his life. Hes back playing hockey and at six foot seven brings an element of size and strength to Canadas world junior hockey team that no one else can provide.Hes not an easy player to play against in the corner, coach Benoit Groulx said at the teams pre-tournament camp in St. Catharines, Ont. We need that presence on the back end that can make a big difference in tight games because when you look at this tournament its all about winning battles in corners, winning battles in front of the net, and I think hes got the size and the stick and hes smart enough to get that done.Morin, a first-round pick of the Flyers in 2013, came closer than most thought to making the NHL club out of training camp. Sent back to Rimouski Oceanic of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Morin suffered a fractured jaw when he took a one-timer from the Remparts Kurt Etchegary to the right side of his face.That was Oct. 12 in his fifth game of the season. Morin remembers everything about the play.Oh my God, worst injury I ever had, Morin said. One-timer straight in the face, you dont see that a lot. Sometimes it deflects, but that was straight in the face. It just destroyed my jaw. I had no time (to react).After his steak-in-a-blender period, Morin returned five weeks later but with a full face shield. The St-Henri, Que., native had to think twice about what he did.My game changed in junior because when someone boarded me I cannot say, You want to fight? I cant do my tough guy (act) anymore, Morin said. For sure it changed a little bit of my game, but here (at the world juniors) I cannot fight so it changes nothing.Morin doesnt need to fight to be an imposing force for Canada. He wants opponents to see his size on the roster and think twice when they go into the corners with him.While the Flyers hope he can be the next Chris Pronger, Morin has two other players he feels like hes more like. One is Zdeno Chara, a similarly sized defenceman with a big shot who can play in all situations.The other is a defenceman who was part of Canadas 2005 world junior gold-medal team, Toronto Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf.Dion Phaneuf, when they won the gold here, proved it: You can be a physical player. Even though he was not fighting he was hitting everything, Morin said. I dont want to hit everything and get out of the play because I want to hit, but I think I can finish all my checks.Canada, which opens the tournament Friday against Slovakia, will count on Morin to do just that. The defence includes plenty of puck-movers and offensive prowess, but Morin is the muscle.In a tournament like that, you need size, you need strength, you need speed, Groulx said. We like the balance we have with our defencemen. I think theyre all big, they can skate well, theyre pretty strong. Sam brings that element.Except Morin doesnt see himself as a one-dimensional big guy. He understands and embraces a shutdown role but doesnt underestimate his own skills.I think Im a big guy, I got some skills. Im a good skater, Ive got a good shot, Morin said. I got a long reach, I can play with the puck. I want to play like a little guy more. But I have to realize Im a big guy and I need to make some simple plays.Groulx scouted Morin as far back as midget hockey and coached against him in the QMJHL. He said Morin has decent skill and can skate well for a big man.Teammates see that, too.Hes definitely a great skater for how big he is and hes got a great shot and he can use his skills to manage (the puck), defenceman Madison Bowey said. Hes not just one of those stay-at-home defencemen. Hes pretty dynamic with that size.The world junior championship opens Friday in Montreal and Toronto.---Follow @SWhyno on Twitter Marquis Haynes Jersey . "Im proud of him," Jones said in an interview from Sacramento, site of the UFCs weekend televised card. "I think hes listening to his body and hes doing what makes him happy and thats what life is about ultimately. Ian Thomas Jersey . Infante hit a three-run homer in the sixth inning and had an RBI single in a four-run fifth against former teammate Justin Verlander, helping the Kansas City Royals beat the Tigers 11-8 Monday night. http://www.authenticpanthersfootball.com/women-torrey-smith-jersey/ .S. womens soccer team to a 2-0 win over China in Colorado in the afternoon.It was so new to them they collectively had no idea how to respond. Theya€?d just watched their team crumble in the final three minutes, allowing Real Madrid to score two goals and defeat them 3-2. The cluba€?s fanbase were split in their reactions. Many longstanding supporters were used to disappointment and called in the post-match talk show to say that being disappointed with a 3-2 loss at Real Madrid in the Champions League shows how far the club had come. Yet, there was a section of the supporters who expected more. Millions had been invested into the team and, they said, they wanted to see their club challenging amongst the true great teams of European football. And yet they still wait. Two years have passed for Manchester City since that night at Madrid, but there has been an all too familiar feeling for their players and fans when it comes to the Champions League. It is a tournament that played a huge part in the sacking of Roberto Mancini, after back-to-back years of failing to qualify for the knockout stage, and the hiring of Manuel Pellegrini, who had been seen as an overachiever in the tournament with Villarreal and Malaga. Yet, the familiar tales kept on coming. Not that anyone is feeling sorry for them. City remain relative new boys to the big scene and nowhere has that been more evident than in the UEFA co-efficient system that has handed them difficult groups in each of their four campaigns so far. In 2011, it was Bayern Munich and Napoli that stopped them from progressing, while in 2012, they were exposed, finishing last in a true a€?championsa€? group that consisted of Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid and Ajax. Last season, under Pellegrini, they performed much better, winning five of six matches, but still finished second to reigning champions Bayern Munich. That forced them up against a group winner in the last 16 and they were outclassed over two legs by Barcelona. This year they were handed Bayern Munich. Again. For the third year out of four. And CSKA Moscow for the second-straight season. After losing in Munich on Matchday One of the tournament, City were already facing up to the prospect of likely finishing second once again in their group. Such a scenario, of course, is not always a bad thing, provided City can show that they have the qualities to be mature enough to get the job done in Europe against top teams. Such a test was presented to them on Tuesday night against the fourth team in Group E, high-flying Roma. Two years on from that night in Madrid, the fans were no longer divided in their expectations. Before they played Roma, City had played 21 Champions League matches in four seasons, won eight, drawn four and lost nine. The eight wins had come only against four teams a€“ Villarreal, Viktoria Plzen, CSKA Moscow a€“ all twice a€“ and twice against Bayern Munich when, each time, the German giants had already qualified for the last 16. City fans werena€?t the only ones thinking the club had something to prove. I fancy City to put down a Champions League mmarker and beat Roma convincingly tonight, tweeted Michael Owen, only hours before the match. D.J. Moore Panthers Jersey. Whenever European footballa€?s elite competition comes around almost as familiar as Manchester Citya€?s Champions League opponents is the na?ˉve, borderline biased, analysis from sections of the English media around a Premier League opponent. It happened again at the Etihad on Tuesday. Tony Gale, in charge of providing colour commentary, said about Roma early in the game, that Roma was not as frightening a side as it has been down the years. Shortly before half-time he added that City shouldna€?t be giving this team a chance. The same City who lost to Stoke at home earlier in the month indeed struggled to insert any form of dominance on the game, but Roma played a huge part in that. After 25 minutes, it was already 1-1. City had been handed the perfect start when Maicon pulled Sergio Agueroa€?s shirt and the Argentine stroked home the penalty. The moment of the match, though, happened midway through the first half when Francesco Totti scored his first-ever goal in England with a magnificent finish over Joe Hart. Hart was at fault for being slow to react, before a key slip, but not as culpable as Vincent Kompany who, again, stepped up and wandered out of the backline a€“ to track the intelligent Totti a€“ and Yaya Toure, who simply allowed Seydou Keita to stroll past him into midfield. It was hardly a shining moment for Citya€?s spine. Tactically Pellegrinia€?s side were na?ˉve, playing with just two central midfielders, and Romaa€?s midfield trio took over the game in the first half as Totti dropped deep and even made it four-versus-two at times. David Silva was then forced to drift off the left flank to make up a three and thata€?s why Maicon had so much space to get forward on that flank. Shortly before the hour, Pellegrini removed Edin Dzeko for Frank Lampard and City had more control on the game, but they werena€?t good enough to go on and win the match, as they couldna€?t reach the level of tempo that this club so often shows domestically. a€?We didna€?t play well,a€? admitted the manager afterwards. More familiar tales for City. It was the fourth-successive Champions League season where they had failed to win their opening home match. A team that has won two Premier League titles on the back of some wonderful home performances will know all too well what a challenge that now brings in terms of qualification. They now must win back-to-back clashes with CSKA, something they did last year, and likely find a way to win at home to Bayern Munich and/or in Rome on the final matchday if they want to progress. They certainly have the players to accomplish such a feat, but the truth is the English champions once again failed to deliver when asked to sit at the top table for European footballa€?s showpiece event. Any more performances like this one on a European night and City will be ending their Champions League campaign far too prematurely for a fourth-successive season. Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Jerseys NFL China Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

Scroll up

Member of

Network of Guilds,
Clans and Alliances

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Meena R
Board Statistics
The forum has 2049 topics and 2061 posts.

Visitor record: 149 users on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 pm..

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen