SSR_WW_Madness
Racing Team

and an MLS Cup Champion, Sporting KC. With Toronto FC paired i

in Announcements / Ankündigungen Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:44 am
by hfy962464 • 129 Posts

ANAHEIM, Calif. Elvis Andrus Jersey . - Teemu Selanne managed to make a stir on the first day of the Anaheim Ducks training camp even after his retirement. Coach Bruce Boudreau and Selannes former teammates reacted with disappointment and chuckles Thursday after hearing about Selannes fierce criticism of Boudreau in a new biography published in Finland. Selanne retired at 43 years old last summer following a 21-season NHL career spent mostly in Anaheim. His disagreements with Boudreau about his playing time and role last season were hardly secrets, but Selannes decision to air them in public surprised the Ducks. "Nobody likes hearing anything negative about themselves, so in that sense Im a little disappointed," Boudreau said. "But I understand the frustration." Several media outlets obtained copies of the Finnish book and translated the passages criticizing Boudreaus decisions regarding Selanne, who felt betrayed by his dwindling role in his final season. Selanne, who flirted with retirement for seven consecutive summers, even said he might have played another year if Boudreau wasnt the Ducks coach. Ducks general manager Bob Murray and captain Ryan Getzlaf backed Boudreaus handling of Selannes final season Thursday, saying they were aware of the Finnish Flashs disappointments. "He is such a competitor, and he was frustrated his last year didnt go quite the way he wanted to go, and he was frustrated at the end of the year," Murray said. "Its Teemu being Teemu." Selanne issued a reconciliatory comment through the Ducks on Thursday after his book became a topic of discussion. He apparently worked on the book immediately after the Ducks were eliminated from the second round of the post-season by Los Angeles. "In the book, I tried to explain honestly what happened last year," Selanne said. "In frustration, I made several comments following our Game 7 loss to the Kings that I shouldnt have said. As Ive said many times, Bruce is a nice guy, but we simply had a different view on my role with the Ducks. Im sorry if I hurt Bruce or anyone else. That was not my intent." Boudreau acknowledged he was caught between the wildly popular Selannes opinion of his skills and his own desire to maximize the Ducks scoring in a successful season. Anaheim finished atop the Western Conference before its second-round playoff exit to the eventual Stanley Cup champion Kings. Selanne scored a career-low nine goals in 64 games during his final season, but said he was promised more playing time on the second line and on the power play. His skills still appeared sharp at the Sochi Olympics, where he was named the tournament MVP while winning a bronze medal as Finlands captain in his sixth games. Selanne is the 11th-leading goal-scorer in NHL history with 684 goals, and his 1,457 points are 15th. "I was always very cognizant of who he was, what he meant to hockey in California, what hes meant to the Ducks, and he was a great player," Boudreau said. Selanne wrote that he was furious after Boudreau scratched him for Game 4 of the Ducks first-round playoff series against Dallas, leading to a post-practice confrontation on the ice. Boudreau downplayed the incident. "He raised his voice a bit, and all I did was tell him, OK, not so loud," Boudreau said. "Lets talk like men. And then he stopped and he caught himself, because hes an emotional guy." Selannes healthy scratch was extremely unpopular with Ducks fans, but Boudreau said he consulted with Anaheims scouts and other front-office personnel before making the move. Boudreau told Selanne about the scratch a day before the game, leading to the argument. "It was a really tough thing," Boudreau said. "I dont think any coach wants to sit out a superstar." Selanne had two goals and four assists in 12 playoff games. Getzlaf said he was disappointed to hear Selanne had hoped the captain would stick up for him in meetings with Boudreau and the Ducks brass. Getzlaf and Corey Perry frequently teamed with Selanne on the Ducks top power play unit, but not frequently enough for Selannes taste. "Im going to have to talk to him about it as friends," Getzlaf said. "But Teemu had numerous discussions with me last season, and the season before. As a captain, its my job to weed through things that I can go to the coach with, and things that I cant. Teemu doesnt know all the discussions that Ive had about him in the last two years, and theres been many times when Ive went to bat for him, and there are some times when I have to step away and just let the coach and GM make their decision." Selanne and his family still live in Orange County, and the Ducks will retire Selannes No. 8 jersey before a game against the Winnipeg Jets on Jan. 11. Boudreau, Murray and Getzlaf are confident Selannes gripes wont turn him away from the franchise that made him into a hockey icon. "Im sure Im going to see him again," Boudreau said. "And listen, he was one of my favourite guys. Ive always liked him and admired him. I dont think anyone here has ever heard me say a bad word about him, ever. And that will continue." Texas Rangers Jerseys . Price was hurt at the start of Wednesdays practice after facing just one shot as the team worked on their power play. He left the ice in discomfort and appeared to be favouring his leg. A Habs source told TSNs John Lu that Price suffered the injury in Sochi and not before the Olympics. Tyson Ross Jersey . The post-season, Pierce said repeatedly, is no time to panic. And the Heat, apparently, are nothing to fear. http://www.authenticrangerspro.com/rangers-shin-soo-choo-jersey/ . As their best player continued to orchestrate his dramatic exit from the club, the Whitecaps added size and creativity at Thursdays Major League Soccer SuperDraft.As their principal league rival came to terms with their seven-year MLS itch by splashing their loadsamoney cash and monopolizing the headlines, that likely even NYC FC owner Sheik Mansour has been paying attention to, the Montreal Impact have gone about their off season with a minimum of fuss. Last fall as local media awaited news on if Schällibaum would return, finally on December 18th a plume of Stade Saputo white smoke arrived in the form of a solitary press release stating the Impact were placing their 2014 Trust in Frank. That very same evening at a swanky downtown hotel, the Impact hosted 500 of their favourite supporters at their inaugural Members Council. Introduced to the faithful, Klopas was sat at the head table sharing a stage with the IMFC podium - Joey Saputo, Nick de Santis and Richard Legendre. Klopas slipped out of town the following day - only though after some Christmas shopping with his wife; a tradition for the couple which dates back to the ex-Fire coachs playing days. The Impacts third head coach would remain in Chicago until a week into the New Year. Upon officially taking up the reigns as head coach and director of player personnel the first point of business for Klopas was the following weekends combine. The opening of training camp was a fortnight away. As the days ebbed away speculation mounted on what the club would do to plug significant roster gaps. Most prominently this came in the shape of a retired Nesta plus the Impact were in need of replacing their captain who had been acquired in December by Barrack Obamas local club. Then throw in the Impacts need to sign a free scoring supporting cast member for Di Vaio, a player they cant expect to repeat his MVP type season. But the only news for local media to sink their teeth into at this time came from city hall as the Mayor proclaimed he would attend March the 22nd home opener. Then just as the Toronto FC plush red carpet was about to extend itself from Drakes downtown condo to a certain part of North London, training camp a mere 10 days away, the Impact were finally able to announce a player signing. Not a marquee signing most hoped for, instead it was the re-upping of the first player to pen an Impact MLS deal, Nelson Rivas. Having missed last terms entire regular season, the Columbian has the perfect motivation to return the faith shown in him by the club. Aside from calling up three Academy Players plus including four Super Draft picks, Rivas was the only senior player added to the squad of 21 Klopas inherited for when camp opened January 27th. A 28-player squad that was still without Adrian Lopez who was still home in Spain continuing the rehab of a late summer shattered ACL. The FA Cup winner is not expected in Montreal before Easter. It would be a full fortnight into camp before another playing signing was announced when just on Mondday the Impact confirmed Andrés Romero would return on loan from his Brazilian side. Martin Perez Jersey. . Romero had certainly impressed in early 2013 but as the season wore on the 24-year-old Argentine became the brunt for much supporter frustration. His form taking the most significant of dips, one we now know is strongly attributed to his wife having to return home to Argentina in preparation for the addition of welcoming twins to the Romero household. The Impacts wait for a new player signing finally ended this morning when announcing the signature of 21-year-old centre forward, Santiago Gonzalez. The Uruguayan, a so termed ‘Discovery Signing becomes the fifth South American footballer to join the club. And with it, there goes the neighbourhood and the myth the Impact only sign over-aged Italians. A few hours later Toronto introduced Inter Milans Champions League winning goalkeeper and Harry Redknapp castaway, Julio Cesar on a season-long loan. The man Felipe Scolari will pin his goalkeeping faith on during this summers World Cup is expected to man the posts for a team that leaked goals in 2013 until returning home for his nations tilt at securing a sixth world crown. Toronto FCs shiny looking new squad currently comes resplendent with more DPs on their roster than even the LA Galaxy are permitted. Dont, though, expect the Impact to up its DP quota anytime soon. Following yesterdays final training session ahead of the clubs departure late this afternoon to Orlando in defence of its Disney World Pro Soccer Classic title, De Santis poured extremely cold water on speculation linking the Impact to Valencias Pablo Piatti and SS Lazios Stefano Mauri. Having added a summer signing DP in each of its two MLS seasons to date, dont be surprised if the Impact continue that trend following this summers World Cup Finals. The Impact are set to get their pre-season and their Disney defence underway February 19th when they take on Fluminense FCs Under-23 team. Rounding out the Impacts group is two significant pre-season matches against the very best in all of MLS last season. A Supporter Shield wielding New York Red Bulls and an MLS Cup Champion, Sporting KC. With Toronto FC paired in a much weaker group which contains Orlando City SC, Columbus and Philadelphia, anything less than an appearance in March 1sts Disney final will likely be deemed as failure. With the Impact starting their 2014 season down in Dallas the night of March 8th, how appetizing is the prospect of a Disney final return and testing themselves against their neighbours, the club which has made most noise this off-season. You can reach and follow Noel Butler at:Noel.Butler@BellMedia.ca@TheSoccerNoel Beginning with March 8ths game in Dallas, you can listen to all 34 Impact regular season games home and away this season on TSN690 – online at www.TSN690.ca Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Discount Jerseys China NFL Hoodies China NFL Hoodies Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China ' ' '

Scroll up

Member of

Network of Guilds,
Clans and Alliances

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Meena R
Board Statistics
The forum has 2049 topics and 2061 posts.

Visitor record: 149 users on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 pm..

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen