SSR_WW_Madness
Racing Team

involved three other cars. Newmans Chevrolet spun hard into the Armc

in Announcements / Ankündigungen Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:44 am
by sakura698 • 375 Posts

MADRID, Spain -- A week after finishing the World Cup as the tournaments top scorer with six goals, Colombia forward James Rodriguez signed a six-year deal with Real Madrid on Tuesday. Nike Air Max 720 Womens Australia . The 23-year-old Rodriguez, who helped Colombia reach the quarterfinals in Brazil, passed a medical examination at the Sanitas Clinic in the northern suburb of La Moraleja. "Im very happy," Rodriguez said as he left the clinic. "Everything went well." In the afternoon he was presented to thousands of cheering fans at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium. Many wore Colombian national colours and waved flags. Madrid president Florentino Perez welcomed the forward and referred to him as James - which he pronounced in the Spanish style as ha-mes - Rodriguez. Perez said the late Madrid great and honorary president Alfredo Di Stefano had also come to the club from Colombia, where he had been playing before his arrival in Spain. "Colombia will be at your side," said Perez, raising a loud cheer from fans in the stadium. Rodriguez said: "I hope to win many titles here, Hala Madrid," invoking the clubs chant. Spanish sports newspapers Marca and As both reported that Madrid had agreed to pay French club Monaco 80 million euros ($108 million) for Rodriguez. He is expected to join the squad on Aug. 1. Rodriguezs goal against Uruguay in the second round of the World Cup, when he chested the ball down and then volleyed it in, was voted the best goal of the tournament. "I think they (Madrid) were interested in me before my goal against Uruguay," Rodriguez said. "But by scoring that goal I enhanced my chances of coming here." Rodriguez will strengthen Madrids attacking lineup, joining Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema up front. The forward said he was aware of Madrids strength in depth, adding that he was ready to play in different positions if required to do so by the coach. "I just want to train hard and be in good condition for when I am called upon to play," he said. The Colombia forward will wear the No. 10 shirt, vacated when Mesut Ozil left Madrid for Arsenal. The shirt is inscribed with just "James" above the number. Asked if he had heard rumours that fellow countryman Radamel Falcao might also be headed for Madrid, Rodriguez said Falcao is a great player. "But it is not in my competence to talk about such things." Rodriguez, who joined Monaco from Porto last year, is Madrids second signing ahead of the new season after Germany midfielder Toni Kroos joined Thursday from Bayern Munich. Air Max 270 Australia Womens .75 million contract for the 2014 season and avoided arbitration. The team announced the agreement on Tuesday. Nike Air Max 360 Australia . This has become the Raptors mantra as they embark on a new era with a new regime and, in the not-so-distant future, a new image. http://www.outletairmaxaustralia.com/air-max-200-buy-australia.html .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6.WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. -- AJ Allmendingers journey is almost complete. With a new contract, sponsor extensions and a solid one-car team at JTG Daugherty Racing, Allmendinger became a winner in Sprint Cup for the first time on a sombre Sunday, outdueling Marcos Ambrose in the final two laps at Watkins Glen International. "I dreamed about this moment and Im not going to forget it," said Allmendinger, making his 213th Cup start. "Its just a dream come true." The day began on a solemn note when three-time Cup champion Tony Stewart pulled out of the race 12 hours after he struck and killed 20-year-old sprint car driver Kevin Ward Jr. in a race after Ward climbed from his car on a small dirt track in nearby Canandaigua. Allmendinger offered his condolences to the Ward family after he won, saying, "Were a community here, were thinking about you." "Its a tough time for everybody," Allmendinger said. "This NASCAR community, as a whole, were a family. When anything like that happens, its something that you dont get time to erase and forget about. Our thoughts and prayers go to the Ward family and what happened. "And it also goes to Tony. Its not like hes sitting there and forgetting about it." In a statement released during the race by a spokesman, Stewart said: "There arent words to describe the sadness I feel about the accident that took the life of Kevin Ward Jr. Its a very emotional time for all involved, and it is the reason Ive decided not to participate in todays race at Watkins Glen. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and everyone affected by this tragedy." Regan Smith drove Stewarts car and finished 37th after having to start from the back of the 43-car field and getting caught in a late accident. It was the second straight time Stewart missed the race at The Glen, where he has a NASCAR-record five victories. Last year, he broke his leg in a sprint car accident in Iowa days before the Cup race and missed the rest of the season. Allmendingers life changed two years ago in the hours before the July race at Daytona International Speedway. NASCAR officials had just kicked him out of the track, suspending Allmendinger indefinitely for failing a random drug test. The failed drug test sidelined him for more than three months and cost him his job with Penske Racing. It also spurred much soul searching, and after a handful of one-off Cup rides he eventually landed a full-time Cup ride last August with JTG Daugherty Racing. To break through the way Allmendinger did only added to the lore of this race, which has been decided four straight times by fender-banging dashes to the checkered flag. Ambrose won two of those and Kyle Busch the other. An expert road racer from his days in open-wheel, Allmendinger beat the best in Ambrose,, who has been dominant in NASCARs top two series at The Glen, also winning four straight Nationwide events. Nike Air Max 1 Womens Australia. Ambrose was going for a weekend sweep after capturing the Zippo 200 on Saturday. "Im thrilled for AJ," said Ambrose, who drove for JTG Daugherty before Allmendinger. The victory made JTG Daugherty Racing eligible for the Chase for the Sprint Cup title, and Allmendinger isnt planning on stopping there. "Its huge to be in the Chase," he said. "I didnt want to just say, Just be there. We want to make some noise. To be able to say were a Chase team, were working hard and trying to get it back. When it comes to the Chase with the new format, it doesnt mean we cant get hot early. You dont have to be amazing for 10 races." Allmendinger held off Ambrose through the first two turns on the final restart and opened a lead after both cars bumped and won going away. "I try to get better every day. Im still not where I want to be," Allmendinger said. "I wouldnt want to go back and change the process. I wouldnt change a thing about this." There were three restarts in the decisive closing laps. Allmendinger got the jump on Ambrose in the first one with nine laps to go, but Jimmie Johnson was bumped in the first turn and his No. 48 spun around, collecting two other cars and precipitating a caution. The race restarted again with five laps left and both Ambrose and Allmendinger were side-by-side through the esses, banging against each other before Ambrose took the lead in the chicane as hes done so many times in the past, dirt flying as both cars hit the grass. Allmendinger wasnt done, regaining the lead on the next lap as he out-braked the Australian into Turn 1 before a crash involving Denny Hamlin caused another red flag with four laps left. The 90-lap race on the 2.45-mile layout was red-flagged for 1 hour, 21 minutes just past the midpoint after a violent crash involving Ryan Newman and Michael McDowell that involved three other cars. Newmans Chevrolet spun hard into the Armco barrier lining the track, ripping a big hole in the barriers metal. The car then spun around twice and went back across the racing surface, collecting McDowell in his No. 95, which incurred heavy damage in the rear. Newman, McDowell and Alex Bowman were treated in the infield care centre and released. Allmendinger gained the lead on Lap 64 after pit stops, with Kurt Busch and Ambrose close behind. Ambrose outbraked Busch into Turn 1 for second two laps later and set his sights on Allmendinger, who had a 2-second lead that was wiped out by the late stoppages. Jeff Gordon started from the pole and led the first 29 laps, holding Ambrose at bay. But Gordons engine died on lap 50 as he lost all power and couldnt get it refired, spoiling a promising day. ' ' '

Scroll up

Member of

Network of Guilds,
Clans and Alliances

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Meena R
Board Statistics
The forum has 2049 topics and 2061 posts.

Visitor record: 149 users on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 pm..

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen