SSR_WW_Madness
Racing Team

g a double switch Thursday night as the Yankees held off the

in Announcements / Ankündigungen Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:09 am
by sakura698 • 375 Posts

The Winnipeg Goldeyes desperately needed a victory and Chris Salamida delivered. Russell Westbrook Thunder Jersey . The Goldeyes veteran left-handed starter pitched his league-leading fourth complete game, as the Fish put a halt to a three-game losing streak and beat the Wichita Wingnuts 5-1 in front of 5,911 on Sunday afternoon at Shaw Park. Salamidas line was sensational: nine complete innings, one run, five hits, eight strikeouts and three walks. "You play every game to win," said Salamida when asked if there was any extra pressure on him after the Goldeyes had lost the first three games of this four-game series to Wichita. "As a team, we just want to win every game, but now we have to take the momentum weve built with this win into the series against St. Paul." With the win, the Goldeyes improved to 48-32 and, after Sioux City beat St. Paul 9-7, the Fish now lead the second-place Saints (44-34) by three games. The Goldeyes and Saints will meet in a three-game series this week, beginning Tuesday night at Shaw Park. The Goldeyes opened the scoring in the first inning as Brock Bond led off with a walk, went to second on a single by Jake Blackwood and scored on a single by Tyler Kuhn. After Wichita tied it in the top of the third, the Goldeyes answered in the bottom of the inning, as Blackwood beat out an infield hit, Casey Haerther beat out an infield hit and Blackwood scored -- what turned out to be the winning run -- on a single by Reggie Abercrombie. In the sixth, with Abercrombie on second, the Goldeyes put the game away. Catcher Luis Alen hit a belt-high fastball from Wichita starter Tim Brown over the left-center field wall for his fifth home run of the season and with that one swing of the bat, the Goldeyes had a 4-1 lead. They added a fifth run in the seventh, as Bond beat out an infield hit, went to second on a single by Blackwood, went to third on a sacrifice bunt by Kuhn and scored on a sacrifice fly by Haerther. The rest of the work was done by Salamida and his defense. "I always try to minimize my pitches," Salamida said. "Im a pitch to contact guy who has a great defense behind him. They were outstanding behind me today. I dont think weve made an error in a long time. The defense was just great again for me today."Salamida (6-3, 3.21 ERA) got the victory, while Brown (8-4, 3.40 ERA) took the loss. Mike Muscala Jersey . There was little fanfare, though, when the Yankees captain was taken out of his final regular-season Subway Series game in the eighth inning. Jeter watched the last four outs from the bench, pulled off the field during a double switch Thursday night as the Yankees held off the Mets 1-0. Deonte Burton Jersey .Y. -- First, Ryan Miller. https://www.thunderrookiesshop.com/Andre-Roberson-City-Edition-Jersey/ . - Mark Sanchez found out the New York Jets had acquired Tim Tebow on a conference call with team management.2. Rio Ferdinand plays a Prank on Wayne Rooney3. Buck Showalter Pranks Orioles Pitcher Darren ODay4.Prank on North Carolina Senior QB Bryn Renner5. SportCentres Top Ten Sports PranksAnd as a bonusCabbie talked to some baseball players about their notorious love for pranks in this classic Cabbie Presents segment ' ' '

Scroll up

Member of

Network of Guilds,
Clans and Alliances

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Meena R
Board Statistics
The forum has 2049 topics and 2061 posts.

Visitor record: 149 users on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 pm..

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen