SSR_WW_Madness
Racing Team

being traded to the Riders in January. He becam

in Announcements / Ankündigungen Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:26 am
by hfy962464 • 129 Posts

The New York Rangers returned home Sunday with a bad taste in their mouth. Justin Reid Texans Jersey . Unable to hold a two-goal lead on three occasions in their 5-4 overtime loss to the Kings, the Rangers had plenty to rue in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup final at Staples Center on Saturday night. But they were especially upset at a non-call early in the third period when Dwight King scored to pull the Kings to within one at 4-3. As Justin Williams moved the puck to Matt Greene at the point, the six-foot-four 230-pound King headed to goal as he had done all night. Rangers defenceman Ryan McDonagh engaged him at the top of the blue paint and soon King, McDonagh and goalie Henrik Lundqvist were tangled together like a three-headed octopus. King somehow managed to tip Greenes shot from the point as Lundqvist was unable to move. Marian Gaborik scored 5:38 later to tie it at 4-4 and Dustin Browns tip-in of a Willie Mitchell shot ended the drama at 10:26 of double overtime. On the wrong end of two overtime contests, the Rangers trail two games to none going into Game 3 Monday at Madison Square Garden. Asked it was goalie interference on the King goal, a tight-lipped Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said: "Ask the NHL." Goalie interference is not reviewable under the current rules. Lundqvist was clearly unhappy, throwing his arms up in disbelief after the goal as he was pinned under King and McDonagh. He talked to the referee during a TV timeout soon after, seeking an explanation. Lundqvist said after the game that he just wanted consistency, pointing to a goalie interference penalty to Rangers forward Benoit Pouliot in the second period. "If they dont call that, you cant call that they called in the second period," said Lundqvist, who thought Pouliot had been pushed into Jonathan Quick. "We have the same play and they score. Like I said, I dont think its a penalty but youve got to stop the play if the goalie cant move in his crease. And its not like Im outside the crease. I play pretty deep. Just be consistent with it." Kings forward Jeff Carter was called for goalie interference in the first overtime period, after contact with Lundqvist that left the New York goaltender taking his time to get his equilibrium back. Still Rangers forward Derek Stepan also didnt like what he saw on the King goal. "I dont really want to get myself worked up right now," he said. "From my point of view, I think that their (Kings) goal shouldnt have even happened. But Im not the one making the calls, Im the one playing. Im not the one that saw what he saw and we go from there." King was a thorn in the Rangers side all night, screening Lundqvist on Willie Mitchells second-period goal. Vigneault tried to look at the positives. "Both games we had opportunities," he said. "We didnt get it done. Were going home in front of our great fans. Were going to be ready for the next game. " The non-call was just one of many talking points. Like the Kings, the Rangers were punished for mistakes. And they had chances to score, with Jonathan Quick stopping Brad Richards at point-blank range in the third and Chris Kreider hitting the post in overtime. Lundqvist pointed to the razor-edge margin in the first two games. "Its just one bounce here and there and its a different score. We came up short in two games. Now we have to go home to New York and turn this around." Stepan said the goal for New York was simple. "Just relax and play. Weve got to make sure we take care of ourselves, get home and get that Garden rocking." Los Angeles was judged to have yielded 33 giveaways Saturday, to 15 from New York. Thats 51 giveaways from LA in two games, compared to 25 for the Rangers. Kings centre Anze Kopitar is expecting a Rangers pushback at Madison Square Garden. "We can play better hockey. And weve done it before. Everybody knows that were going to have to do it at MSG because their building is going to be loud," Kopitar said. "Im sure theyre going to be very desperate. Theyre going to throw everything at us that theyve got and were going to have to match all of the above." The Rangers loss came despite leading 4-2 after 40 minutes. That snapped their 10-0 record when leading after two periods this post-season. Forty-eight teams have taken a 2-0 series lead since the Stanley Cup final went to the best-of-seven format in 1939. Of those clubs, 43 (89.9 per cent) have gone on to win the Cup, including the 2012 Kings. Home teams sweeping Games 1 and 2 of the Cup final have gone 32-3 (.914 per cent). But two of the exceptions were recent with Pittsburgh (2009 against Detroit) and Boston (2011 against Vancouver) rallying to win the Cup. Sammie Coates Jersey .Connor Graham, Alex Lintuniemi and Sam Studnicka also scored for Ottawa (11-8-2). Liam Herbst made 21 saves for the win.Brendan Lemieux had both of Barries (10-10-2) goals. Jordan Akins Jersey . The game was the first of two international friendlies that Canada is playing during the international break, with the second game against Slovenia set for Tuesday in Celje. Canada looked uncomfortable defensively throughout the game, and every free kick that came into Canadas penalty box looked like ending up in the back of the net. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Customized/ . - While a fast-paced offence has become more of a fixture in recent years, the San Antonio Spurs can still grind out games when needed.VANCOUVER -- Geroy Simon paused for a moment to reflect as he stood on the field where he made a name for himself. "Ive got chills already standing in this place," the Saskatchewan Roughriders receiver said as he met the media at B.C. Place Stadium on Thursday. You can watch tonights game live on TSN and TSN Mobile TV at 10pm et. Simon spent 12 seasons with the Lions before being traded to the Riders in January. He became the CFLs all-time leader in receiving yards last season with B.C. and broke the leagues record for career receptions last week. "It feels like home. Im excited to be here," Simon said. "Im here as a visitor but it still feels normal." Simon and the Roughriders hosted the Lions in Regina on Sept. 22, with B.C. securing a 24-22 victory. The 38-year-old said getting the first game against his former team out of the way will help make Fridays matchup easier. "It was good that we got to play them a couple weeks ago in Regina. I got to see a lot of people and say hi to people I hadnt seen in a long time," Simon said. "Ive got to put that aside and help this team win a football game." Lions head coach Mike Benevides said B.C. plans to honour Simon before the game. "Its going to be exciting to see him in thee building. Martinas Rankin Jersey. . I know hes going to be ready and jacked up to make an impact on the game," Benevides said. "Its certainly going to be a warm moment because I know the fans are going to acknowledge him in a positive way, and they should. "It was my privilege to be a coach for him for 10 years." Simon, who missed five games in 2012 because of hamstring issues, said after the season that he was open to restructuring his contract with B.C. Lions general manager Wally Buono gave Simon permission to gauge interest in a potential trade, which led to the deal with Saskatchewan. Simon has 31 catches for 448 yards and three touchdowns so far in 2013, but also missed three games with an upper-body injury. Fridays contest is crucial for both teams, with Saskatchewan (8-5) looking to snap a four-game losing streak and B.C. (9-4) poised to draw even with the Calgary Stampeders atop the West Division standings. Lions defensive back Korey Banks said he has nothing but respect for Simon, but added the time for pleasantries is after the game. "Guys in the UFC are friends and they have to fight one another for the championship and they beat each others brains out," Banks said. "After the game well take about it. Well hug and wish luck." Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Discount Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store NFL T-shirts From China China NFL Hoodies Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Member of

Network of Guilds,
Clans and Alliances

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Meena R
Board Statistics
The forum has 2049 topics and 2061 posts.

Visitor record: 149 users on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 pm..

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen