SSR_WW_Madness
Racing Team

ninth for his fifth save in six chances. Pittsburgh won

in Announcements / Ankündigungen Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:39 am
by sakura698 • 375 Posts

CALGARY -- Mark Giordano was named captain of the Calgary Flames on Friday, becoming the 19th player in franchise history to wear the captains C. Cheap Fake NBA Jerseys . The 29-year-old Toronto native succeeds Jarome Iginla as team captain. Curtis Glencross and Mike Cammalleri will return as assistant captains. "Mark represents all the qualities that we set as a coaching staff and an organization," head coach Bob Hartley said in a statement. "He is a quality man who is proud to represent the Calgary Flames both on and off the ice. "We are very happy with these three men leading and setting the example for our team, and especially our young players, as we move through this crucial yet exciting period in the history of the Flames franchise." Iginla was team captain for nine seasons before signing with the Boston Bruins as a free agent in the off-season. Giordano has 150 points (41 goals, 109 assists) and 366 penalty minutes in 385 career regular-season games with the Flames. He has one goal in four career playoff games. He was invited to attend the teams development camp in the summer of 2004, signed as a free agent and spent the next two seasons with Calgarys American Hockey League affiliate. He split the 2006-07 season between the AHL and Calgary before becoming a staple on the Flames blue-line the following seasons. Giordano was appointed assistant captain to start the 2011-12 season. Fake NBA Jerseys China . -- Ben Brust scored 19 points to lead six Wisconsin players in double figures as the No. Fake NBA Jerseys Online . The Red Sox maintained a share of the AL wild-card lead Tuesday night, using four home runs to beat the Baltimore Orioles 8-7 and set up a dramatic conclusion to the regular season. The skidding Red Sox were 6-19 this month before rebounding to edge the last-place Orioles. http://www.fakenbajerseys.com/ . Infante hit a three-run homer in the sixth inning and had an RBI single in a four-run fifth against former teammate Justin Verlander, helping the Kansas City Royals beat the Tigers 11-8 Monday night. MILWAUKEE -- Chris Stewart quickly has become familiar with the repertoire of tough Milwaukee closer Francisco Rodriguez. It paid off for the backup catcher Wednesday night. One night after grounding out in a nine-pitch at-bat against Rodriguez, Stewarts single keyed a three-run burst in the ninth inning and sent the Pirates past Milwaukee 4-1, ending the Brewers three-game winning streak. "I saw quite a few pitches from him (Tuesday) night, so I think that helped going into the at-bat," Stewart said. "He stayed away from me (Tuesday) night, so it gave me a read on what he was going to try and do in that situation." Rodriguez (1-1) threw two quick strikes to Stewart, but left a changeup high on the outside corner of the plate on his third pitch and the Pirates catcher belted it to centre, allowing pinch-runner Clint Barmes to score from second with the go-ahead run. "It was a big swing of the bat for us," Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said. Rodriguez had given up only one run in 21 innings in his first 21 games. But the Pirates tagged the Milwaukee closer for four consecutive hits to beat the Brewers for only the second time in nine games. Rodriguez said he was having a trouble with all his pitches and left both his fastball and changeup high in the strike zone against the Pirates. "Unfortunately, it wasnt my day," he said. "I didnt perform at the level I was expecting or everyone else was expecting. You just have to turn the page quick and be ready for the next day." Milwaukee managed only six hits and went 0 for 7 with runners in scoring position minus Carlos Gomez. The star centre fielder dropped his appeal Wednesday and began a three-game suspension for his part in a bench-clearing fracas at Pittsburgh on Easter Sunday. "We didnt swing the bat that well," Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said. Ike Davis singled pastt diving first baseman Mark Reynolds in the Pittsburgh ninth and Jordy Mercer singled sharply to centre. Discount Fake NBA Jerseys. Stewart, making only his eighth start of the season, then singled to centre. The throw from Gomez replacement, Elian Herrera, was wide of the plate, allowing pinch-runner Clint Barmes to score without a play and snap a 1-all tie. Starling Marte, playing for the first time since exiting Saturday with tightness in his back, then hit a two-run double to the centre-field wall. Tony Watson (4-0) pitched a scoreless eighth. Mark Melancon worked the ninth for his fifth save in six chances. Pittsburgh won for just the fifth time in 16 road games. Pirates starter Francisco Liriano rebounded from two straight mediocre outings, but remained winless in nine starts. He received his fifth consecutive no-decision after allowing one run on four hits and a walk while striking out seven in six innings. "I expect the best is yet to come from Frank," Hurdle said. "Its just what I believe. Its the time of the year for him when he normally makes his move." Milwaukee starter Wily Peralta had another strong outing, giving one run on five hits and a walk while striking out four in seven innings. The right-hander received a no-decision but lowered his ERA to 2.05 in eight starts. Herrera, Gomezs replacement, went 0 for 4 and grounded out to strand Khris Davis at third in a 1-all game to end the seventh. NOTES: Brewers LHP Tom Gorzelanny threw two scoreless innings in his first rehab start for Single-A Brevard County against Fort Myers in the Florida State League. He allowed a hit and a walk while striking out one while coming back from off-season surgery on his left shoulder. ... Trainers examined Liriano in the fifth inning, but the left-hander stayed in the game. He said he slipped on the mound but didnt suffer any injury. ' ' '

Scroll up

Member of

Network of Guilds,
Clans and Alliances

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Meena R
Board Statistics
The forum has 2049 topics and 2061 posts.

Visitor record: 149 users on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 pm..

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen