SSR_WW_Madness
Racing Team

to haul in a pass from Russell Wilson while

in Announcements / Ankündigungen Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:41 am
by sakura698 • 375 Posts

CORTINA DAMPEZZO, Italy -- Overall World Cup leader Maria Hoefl-Riesch won a shortened downhill Friday and established herself as the favourite to take away two of Lindsey Vonns titles. Black Friday Shoes Sale . Hoefl-Riesch took full command of the downhill standings that the injured Vonn dominated for the past six years and improved her status as the favourite for the womens downhill at the Sochi Olympics on Feb. 12 -- the race Vonn won at the 2010 Vancouver Games. "The downhill globe is a big goal for me," Hoefl-Riesch said. "The last years it was always impossible because Lindsey was so strong. I already was skiing strong in the last years but there was never a chance, because I was not consistent enough on every single track like Lindsey. "And of course I would love to win the Olympic downhill," Hoefl-Riesch said. "Thats the biggest race in skiing." Julia Roth of Waterloo, Ont., was 44th. Larisa Yurkiw of Owen Sound, Ont., did not start the first run. With her parents and husband in attendance, Hoefl-Riesch won in 1 minute, 17.84 seconds on the Olympia delle Tofane course for the 27th World Cup victory of her career. "I knew that I had to attack a lot with a shortened course and that it would be very tight," Hoefl-Riesch said. "It was really flat light and tricky in a few turns where some girls had big problems. But not me." Hoefl-Riesch said that she tweaked her left knee while landing a jump and that she felt some pain but was not overly concerned. Tina Weirather of Liechtenstein finished second, 0.31 seconds behind, and Nicole Schmidhofer of Austria was third with the No. 39 bib, 0.75 behind. Lara Gut of Switzerland was fourth and Stacey Cook of the United States was fifth as the pair missed out on the podium by 0.01 and 0.03 seconds, respectively. It was the best result this season for Cook, who finished second in two downhills in Lake Louise, Alberta, last season. The victory gave Hoefl-Riesch an 85-point lead over Weirather in the downhill standings after six of eight races, with wins worth 100 points each. In the overall standings, Hoefl-Riesch leads Weirather by 158 points. Hoefl-Rieschs other two wins this season also came in downhill, in Lake Louise. She also has podium results in slalom, super-combined and super-G and credits part of her all-around success to Hermann Maiers former physical trainer, Heinrich Bergmueller, who she began working with in the off-season. "I was also training hard the summers before but its a new way with a new coach and some things are different," she said. "I feel much stronger this year and with my recovery for all disciplines." Vonn ended her season recently to tend to her right knee, which she first injured in a horrific crash at last years world championships in Schladming, Austria. Hoefl-Riesch is friendly with Vonn but she wasnt about to take anything away from her own success just because her rival is out now. "Thats skiing," said Hoefl-Riesch, who had four serious injuries in 2005. "I was not at the Olympic Games in 2006 and no one was asking the winner of the medals there if they miss me. So a medal is a medal and a title is a title, no matter who is competing and who is not." Vonn used to spend Christmas at Hoefl-Rieschs home in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and they remain in contact. "We were just writing a little on WhatsApp a little bit," Hoefl-Riesch said. "I think shes doing OK and I hope that we can talk on the phone before I go to Sochi." Due to overnight snow and difficulty preparing the course, the start was delayed for half an hour and the course was shortened slightly -- chopping off about 20 seconds of racing. With softer snow and flat light, it was a sharp change in conditions from Wednesdays only training run, which was held under bright sunshine. Conditions improved for later starters as a tailwind moved in. The wind helped Schmidhofer, whose only other podium finish also came in Cortina, having finished second in a super-G last year. "I was hoping for a tailwind," Schmidhofer said, before she addressed her chances of being selected for Sochi. "I hope the coaches look at my result." The revised start put skiers directly into the courses best-known section, the Tofane schuss -- a long straightaway between two high rock outcroppings. "I generally do OK when there are straight shots out of the gate like that," Cook said. "So that was a little confidence booster to kick out of the gate, get on my skis and not have to do too much and then get into it. And then I just tried to not ski a perfect line but ski perfect body position and really attacking. And it seems to have been fast." Elisabeth Goergl, the Austrian who won a super-G on Thursday, lost control after hitting a gate and slammed into the safety padding at full speed. But she got right back up, skied down and said she was not injured. Another downhill is scheduled for Saturday, followed by a second super-G on Sunday to round out a series of four races in four days. Two of the races were originally scheduled for last weekend in Cortina but were wiped out due to heavy snowfall. The other two were moved from Garmisch due to a lack of snow in the German resort. Cheap Black Friday Shoes . Ontario Superior Court Case Management Master Ronald Dash released the decision on Monday, saying John McCaw Jr. must testify in front of a jury by live video conference. Moores lawyer, Tim Danson, asked the court to compel McCaw - who is based in Seattle - to testify in the case back on February 27. Black Friday Shoes Store . Paul George and Darren Collison each scored 17 points and Roy Hibbert added 11 points and nine rebounds for the Pacers (9-3), who won their third straight. https://www.shoesblackfriday.com/ . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose.SCOREBOARDSunday, Jan. 11Dallas at Green Bay, 1:05 p.m. EST (FOX). The Cowboys are playing at Green Bay in the playoffs for the first time since losing in the Ice Bowl in 1967. Tony Romo and the Cowboys are coming off a 24-20 win over Detroit in the wild-card round, their first playoff game in five years. Green Bays Aaron Rodgers hopes to be healed from a left calf injury suffered in the regular-season finale. The Packers, who won a fourth straight NFC North title, had a bye as the No. 2 playoff seed in the NFC.___Indianapolis at Denver, 4:40 p.m. EST (CBS). The Broncos Peyton Manning faces his former team and his successor after Andrew Luck and the Colts beat Cincinnati 26-10 in the wild-card round. Its the third time Manning and Luck will meet, with the teams splitting the first two meetings. The Broncos had an opening-round bye as the AFCs No. 2 seed.___STARSPassing—Tom Brady, Patriots, was 33 for 50 for 367 yards with three touchdown passes and an interception in New Englands 35-31 win over Baltimore.—Russell Wilson, Seahawks, was 15 for 22 for 268 for three touchdown passes in Seattles 31-17 win over Carolina.—Joe Flacco, Ravens, was 28 for 45 for 292 yards and four touchdown passes and two interceptions in Baltimores 35-31 loss to New England.___Rushing—Justin Forsett, Ravens, had 24 carries for 129 yards in Baltimores 35-31 loss to New England.—Jonathan Stewart, Panthers, had 13 carries for 70 yards in Carolinas 31-17 loss to Seattle.___Receiving—Jermaine Kearse, Seahawks, had three receptions for 129 yards, including a 63-yard touchdown in Seattles 31-17 win over Carolina.—Rob Gronkowski, Patriots, had seven receptions for 108 yards and a touchdown in New Englands 35-31 win over Baltimore.—Danny Amendola, Patriots, had five receptions for 81 yards and two touchdowns in New Englands 35-31 win over Baltimore.—Kelvin Benjamin, Panthers, had seven catches for 75 yards and two touchdowns in Carolinas 31-17 loss to Seattle.—Julian Edelman, Patriots, had eight catches for 74 yards in New Englands 35-31 win over Baltimore.___Defence—Kam Chancellor, Seahawks, returned an interception 90 yards in Seattles 31-17 win over Carolina.—Earl Thomas, Seahawks, had 11 combined tackles and a forced fumble in Carolinas 31-17 loss to Seattle.—Duron Harmon and Devin McCourty, Patriots, each had an interception in New Englands 35-31 win over Baltimore.—Daryl Smith, Ravens, had an interception in Baltimores 35-31 loss to New England.—Jamie Collins, Patriots, had a combined 11 tackles in New Englands 35-31 win over Baltimore.—C.J. Mosley, Ravens, had a combined 10 tackles and a forced fumble in Baltimores 35-31 loss to New England. Black Friday Shoes Deals. ___MILESTONESThe New England Patriots have advanced to the AFC title game for the fourth consecutive season with a 35-31 win over the Baltimore Ravens. The Patriots Bill Belichick has 20 playoff wins, tied with Hall of Famer Tom Landry for most of any head coach in NFL history. The Patriots Tom Brady had three touchdown passes and passed Joe Montana for the most in NFL post-season history. Brady has 46 TDs and Montana had 45. Brady also set franchise post-season records with 33 completions and 367 yards passing. ... The Seahawks never trailed in their 31-17 win over Carolina and became the first defending Super Bowl champion to win a playoff game the following season since New England in January 2006.___TRICK PLAYWith the ball at the New England 49 late in the third quarter, Tom Brady threw behind the line of scrimmage to Julian Edelman on the left side. Edelman, a former Kent State quarterback, then lofted a deep pass to a wide-open Danny Amendola after a defender came up toward Edelman. It was the first post-season pass by a wide receiver since Pittsburghs Antwaan Randle-El threw one in the 2006 Super Bowl.___INJURIESNew England Patriots centre Bryan Stork left the playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens in the first half with a knee injury. Stork left after a play in which quarterback Tom Brady was sacked for a 4-yard loss. The team announced at halftime that he would not return. ... Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Paul Richardson suffered a knee injury in the third quarter of Saturday nights NFC playoff game against the Carolina Panthers. Richardson clutched his left knee area after a leaping attempt to haul in a pass from Russell Wilson while covered by Panthers cornerback Bene Benwikere. Benwikere was also shaken up on the play, but Richardson was noticeably in pain after the play. He was attended to on the trainers table before taking a seat on the bench with a towel over his head while teammates appeared to console him.___SPEAKINGWeve had it in for 10 weeks, and the coaches finally got to call it. I had to loosen up the arm a little bit. — Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman on his 51-yard touchdown pass to Danny Amendola in the third quarter of their 35-31 win over Baltimore.___It felt awesome. It felt like preparation. It felt like everything I worked all week for. That was my first return of my career and it felt good. — Seattles Kam Chancellor after returning an interception 90 yards for a touchdown in Seattles 31-17 win over Carolina.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

Scroll up

Member of

Network of Guilds,
Clans and Alliances

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Meena R
Board Statistics
The forum has 2049 topics and 2061 posts.

Visitor record: 149 users on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 pm..

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen